Minced soy meat and onions are marinated in BBQ seasoning and neatly folded into a chickpea flour crÃªpe.
They’re quick and easy, and supremely comforting. Enjoy them for a savory breakfast or even as a unique dinner.
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 5-ounce package frozen soy meat mince
- 1/2 of 1 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon barbecue seasoning
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
FOR THE CRÃŠPE:
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup soy milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Soy yogurt, for topping (optional)
- Chop up half an onion. Add some oil to a pan and then fry the onion and all other filling ingredients. You might have to add a bit of water so it doesnt get too dry. When done, set aside.
- Mix all crepe ingredients together. If you have a small smoothie blender you can mix them together in there. Otherwise whisk manually.
- Get another pan, add some oil (spread it with a kitchen towel so the whole of the pan is covered in a thin layer of oil) and switch it to high heat. Pour half of the mixture into the pan and cook well on both sides, either flip the pancake or use a large flat wooden spoon and turn it.
- Spoon the filling into the middle of the pancake and roll it in. Cut in half and serve with a drizzle of soy yogurt.