Just 10 ingredients stand between you and a these simply amazing black bean vegan meatballs. This recipe couldn’t be easier. Pair them with your favorite gluten-free pasta or veggie spirals, add a dash of marinara, and dinner is done! It’s like magic. Black bean vegan meatballs are quick and easy.
Vegan meatballs are a highly requested recipe. I was challenged by my sister Linda, her co-worker Mike and his wife to come up with a vegan alternative to the meat version. This recipe fits the bill.
These vegan meatballs are packed with fiber, plant based protein and omega-3s. Not only are they nutritious but so delicious and easy.
Serve the black bean vegan meatballs over zucchini noodles, gluten free noodles, top with red sauce, white sauce or a make a gluten free meatball sub. You decide how to dress up these yummy treats! ENJOY!
Print 10 mins 30 mins 40 mins Course: Main Course Servings: 4 people Author: Vegan Gluten-Free Life
- 1/2 cup sweet onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs gluten-free
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 flax “egg”
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp water
- Sauté onion and garlic in a medium fry pan for 3-5 minutes, careful not to brown.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add sautéed onion and garlic mix and all remaining ingredients.
- Get your hands gooey and shape these bad boys into mini meatless meatballs.
- Fry them up in a small amount of olive oil until browned on all sides or bake them at 375℉ for 30 minutes on parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix ground flax and water together until well combined. Let it sit for 10 minutes until it has reached a gooey consistency.
Serve these tasty vegan meatballs with your favorite gluten-free pasta or veggies spirals topped with a dash of marinara.