1 1/2 cups black beans, cooked
1/2 medium red onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 cups oats
2 cups beets, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. ketchup
2 Tbsp. mustard
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Blend the beans, onion, garlic, and oats in a food processor until the onion is broken up into small pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Form the mixture into 1 giant patty and transfer to the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite veggies and vegan condiments on a hearty bun.
Note: You can also form the mixture into 4 average-sized patties and bake for 10 to 15 minutes on each side.
Makes 1 giant or 4 average-sized burger patties