The crunchy bits in this clever crust perfectly complement the silky, chocolate center.
- 1 c. shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 c. salted gluten-free pretzels, crushed into small pieces
- 1/2 c. rice flour
- 1/2 c. coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 6 oz. vegan dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 9″ tart pan with removable bottom.
- In large bowl, combine shredded coconut, pretzels, rice flour, coconut oil, sugar, and cocoa. Transfer to prepared tart pan. With hands, firmly press mixture into bottom and up side of pan in even layer; place on cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- In small saucepan, heat coconut milk on medium until just bubbling at edges, whisking occasionally. Place chocolate and pinch salt in medium heatproof bowl. Pour hot coconut milk over chocolate. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently whisk until smooth. Pour into tart shell. Refrigerate, uncovered, 2 hours or until set. To serve, top with pomegranate seeds, if desired. Can be made up to 2 days ahead. Once set, cover with plastic and keep refrigerated.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories 445; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 37g; Total Fat 33g; Saturated Fat 26g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Sodium 200mg.