These blondies are packed with almond flavor considering you use almond butter and almond meal.
You get a nice cinnamon flavor and even more nuttiness from the coconut. Not to mention, these bars have no added oil! No butter, no oil, and they still come out moist and chewy and oh-so-good. The icing is amazing to go with these because the bars are not overly sweet and then you get a little glazy goodness on top. Plus, they have about seven grams of protein per blondie. Not bad, for a dessert.
FOR THE BLONDIES:
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal/flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
FOR THE ICING:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, plus more if needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream almond butter and sugar together until all incorporated. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond meal, coconut, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients into almond butter mixture and mix until well combined. There is no gluten in almond meal so you can mix all you want without worry.
- Spread dough into an 8Ã—8-inch pan or 9Ã—5-inch loaf pan
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the top is set to the touch and the edges are just beginning to brown. Cool completely before icing.
- Combine icing ingredients together. You want it to be thick, but you might need to add more almond milk to get it where it should be. Ice the cooled blondies and let it set, about 10 minutes.