KALE, AVOCADO & GRAPEFRUIT SALAD WITH GINGER DRESSING
Recipe type: Salad
- For the Salad:
- 6 C. Raw Chopped Kale, stems removed
- 1 Grapefruit
- 1 Small Avocado
- For the Dressing:
- 1 Tsp. Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. Braggs Liquid Aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ½ Tbs. Agave (maple syrup or honey would also work)
- Place the chopped kale in a large bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by adding the freshly grated ginger, olive oil, Braggs, lemon juice, and agave to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the kale, and using your hands, massage the kale for 1-2 minutes until the kale is tender and most of the dressing has been absorbed. Set the kale aside.
- Prepare the grapefruit by removing the skin (first slicing off the top and bottom, and then the sides, making sure to remove as much of the pith as possible). Next, cut the grapefruit segments apart (these are called supremes) and cut each supreme in half.
- Slice the avocado into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Add the grapefruit and avocado to the large bowl of kale. Toss to combine and enjoy!
I used a microplane to grate the ginger and create a very fine pulp.