Mango chutney is savory and versatile. This recipe can be paired with so many dishes and made in a variety of ways.
I made this recipe to go with my vegan crab cakes. I added some spice to give it a kick, you can make it with more or less spice depending on your taste. Traditional mango chutney includes cinnamon. I added it, reluctantly, to this recipe and was pleasantly surprised. As I was reluctant, I made a version without cinnamon as well. Both with and without cinnamon tastes great. Let me know what your favorite version is.
Infused Mango Chutney. Whole Food, Whole Life.
Print 15 mins 1 hr 1 hr 15 mins Mango chutney as a savory dip that is both versatile and easy to make. Delicious on vegan crab cakes, crackers, or fresh veggies. Servings: 6 Author: Karen
- 4-5 cups mangos , pitted and chopped
- 1 cup fresh peaches , chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons ginger , diced
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper , diced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- 3 tablespoons agave
- 2 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce (1 tablespoon if you don’t want it too spicy)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a large sauce pan, add all ingredients, stir to combine.
- Cook all ingredients down, for 35-40 minutes until jam consistency.
- Serve with crab cakes, veggies, or crackers.
- Make it your own, do what works for you, have fun, and enjoy infused veggies!
- Whole Food, Whole Life
May need to cook longer, depending on how large the mangos are chopped.