These chocolate cream cakes are not only healthy and easy to make, they are raw and gluten free too!
Plus perfect individual serving!
Raw desserts are so much fun to make and anyone can make them. No baking required. A great recipe to make with your kids too.
Plus this recipe can be easily changed to your taste preference. We used pecans in crust, but any nut would work. For the filling, we used cashews as they provide the best cream. But macadamia nuts would be okay. We reduced the amount of sugar in these chocolate cream cakes, so adjust to your liking.
12 mini cake or a large 9 inch cake
FOR THE PECAN CHOCOLATE CRUST:
- 1 cup pecan meal (just ground up pecans, can use any nut meal of liking)
- 3-4 Medjool dates or 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
FOR THE CHOCOLATE FILLING:
- 2 cups cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
FOR THE OPTIONAL TOPPING:
- Crushed pecans
- Chocolate sauce
TO MAKE THE PECAN CHOCOLATE CRUST:
- Place all ingredients into a food processor (can do in a blender) and pulse until combined. You want the crust to slightly stick together.
- Grab your mini cheesecake pan and scoop your pecan chocolate crust into your pan. Press down with fingers to firmly place the crust into pan.
- Set aside as you make your filling.
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE FILLING:
- Soak cashews for about 10- 15 minutes (optional), then rinse well. Place cashews into blender with maple syrup, vanilla, and water. Blend for a little bit to get it creamy.
- Next add in your cacao powder and coconut oil. Blend until creamy. you may have to scrape down the sides a few times. Just keep blending until it is nice and smooth.
- Once chocolate filling is blended, begin scooping your filling into your mini cheesecake pans. Fill them to the top. Set the chocolate cream cakes into your freezer to set for a few hours before removing from pan. You may enjoy this chocolate dessert as is or you may add on more chocolate and pecans.