This sweet potato cauliflower mash is a savory, creamy, vegan, sweet, mashed goodness. Say goodbye to the old mashed sweet potatoes covered in marshmallows and swimming in sugar. The day has come to enjoy the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes with the added creaminess of cauliflower.
How to Recipe Video:
Depending on how much time you have and your preference, you can cook the sweet potatoes however you like. I roasted them to bring out their natural sweetness. If you’re short on time, as I often am, you can buy frozen diced sweet potatoes and steam them in the bag. Voila, in just a few minutes you are ready to go! Same goes for the cauliflower. One crucial step; make sure to drain them really well. Soggy veggies = soggy wet mash! Can you say “ick?”
Now let’s get mashing. All you need is a blender, food processor, or old fashion hand held muscle masher. For this recipe, I would probably use kitchen power tools, to achieve that creamy, melt in your mouth texture.
Top this beautiful side with fresh herbs, lemon zest, hot sauce, or whatever your taste buds desire. Remember to have fun in the kitchen, comment, and let me know how YOU made it your own. See you soon and be kind!
Let’s Get Mashing!
Print 10 mins 40 mins 50 mins
This sweet potato cauliflower mash is a savory, creamy, vegan, sweet, mashed goodness. Easy healthy creamy mashed sweet potatoes that will leave you coming back for seconds.
Course: Side Dish Servings: 4 servings
- 3 large sweet potatoes or yams 4 cups cooked
- 1 large cauliflower head 4 cups cooked
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 fresh lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs pictured is thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Clean sweet potatoes, puncture with a fork a few times and cook until soft, depending on size approximately 30 to 45 minutes. Once the sweet potatoes are cool remove the skin and set aside.
- Clean cauliflower, break or cut up into flowerets. Steam, boil or microwave until soft. Drain thoroughly removing as much water as possible.
- Place the cooked sweet potatoes and cauliflower into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- To blended sweet potatoes and cauliflower add in butter, garlic powder, and lemon. Start blender or processor, slowly add plant-based milk until a smooth texture is achieved.
- Remove from processor re-heat if necessary salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh herbs and lemon zest. Serve!