Vegans and Geeks Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your access to and use of our website including any social networking functions, email notifications, and any digital applications that link to these Terms (collectively, the “Services”), any information, text, links, graphics, photo, videos, or other materials or arrangements of materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Services (collectively referred to as “Content). As a 3rd party author, you are solely responsible for the content in which you post to our Vegans and Geeks Blog. Content can and will be removed if at any point we are made aware that you are not the sole owner of the content posted. Repeated posting of copyrighted content to our site will result in the deletion of your posted content and your account.
Who Is Allowed Use the Services
You may use these Services only if you agree to form a binding contract with Vegans and Geeks and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction. In any case, you must be at least 16 years old to use the Services.
Content on the Services
You are responsible for your use of the Services and for any Content that you provide, including compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations. You should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing with others and that does not infringe on the proprietary or intellectual property rights of any third party. Vegans and Geeks will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us.
You retain rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying Content through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, adapt, process, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any format or for any lawful purpose as determined by vegans and Geeks in its sole discretion.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
Your access to and use of the Services or any Content are at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Vegans and Geeks makes no warranties or representations regarding the provision of Services under these Terms.
Except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, YOU HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE TO INDEMNIFY AND NOT TO SUE Vegans and Geeks for any claims which may arise in connection with my use of the Services. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY CLAIMS FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES AND FURTHER IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF Vegans and Geeks EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS $100.00 USD. FURTHER, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY Vegans and Geeks FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES CAUSED BY YOUR CONTENT.
Vegans and Geeks may revise these Terms from time to time without notice. The laws of the State of Florida, excluding its choice of law provisions, will govern these Terms and any dispute that arises between you and Vegans and Geeks.
Privacy for Contacts
A. Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect or receive about you broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information we receive about Contacts from our Members: A Member may provide Personal Information about you to us through the Services. For example, when a Member uploads their Distribution List or integrates the Services with another website or service (for example, when a Member chooses to connect their e-commerce account with Vegans and Geeks), or when you sign up for a Member’s Distribution List on a Vegans and Geeks signup form, they may provide us with certain contact information or other Personal Information about you such as your name, email address, address or telephone number. You may have the opportunity to update some of this information by electing to update or manage your preferences via an email you receive from a Member.
We collect information about the device and applications you use to access emails sent through our Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
Product usage data:
We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with emails sent through the Services, which may include dates and times you access emails and your browsing activities (such as what pages are viewed). We also collect information regarding the performance of the Services, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other electronic communications our Members send through the Services. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Services, and facilitate research and analysis of the Services.
(iii) Information we collect from other sources:
From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as social media platforms and third-party data providers. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us, and we use this information to provide publicly available social media information about you to Members who have enabled the “Social Profiles” feature in their Vegans and Geeks accounts.
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect or receive about you for our legitimate business interests, including:
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support and improve the Services. For example, this may include sharing your information with third parties in order to provide and support our Services or to make certain features of the Services available to our Members. When we share Personal
- For our data analytics projects. Our data analytics projects use data from Vegans and Geeks accounts, including your Personal Information, to provide and improve the Services. We use information, like your purchase history, provided to us by Members, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members. For example, we use data from Vegans and Geeks accounts to enable product recommendation, audience segmentation and predicted demographics features for our Members. If you prefer not to share this data, you can opt out of data analytics projects at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.