3 Tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. adobo sauce (juice from a can of chipotle peppers)
1 Tbsp. refined coconut oil
1 pkg. firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rectangular slices
1 Tbsp. black salt (aka kala namak)
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 pkg. vegan bacon
2 large avocados, cut in half lengthwise and pitted
2 leaves butter lettuce
1 tomato, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix together the vegan mayo and adobo sauce. Set aside.
- Warm the oil in a small pan over medium heat. Season the tofu with the black salt and pepper. Add to the pan and fry on both sides until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, sautÃ© the vegan bacon until browned. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the skins from the avocado halves. Slice off a small portion from the bottom of two halves so that they lie flat (these will be the bottom “buns”).
- Top each with the mayo-adobo mixture, tofu, vegan bacon, lettuce, and tomato and onion slices. Place the remaining avocado “buns” on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Makes 4 servings