Last week, I had a very random craving for bruschetta. It just sounded so delicious! Ben and I have been growing tomatoes and basil in our garden, so bruschetta was one of the first recipes that came to mind as our first tomato became ripe!
When you order bruschetta at a restaurant, it’s typically not vegan. The bread can be brushed with butter, and cheese can be used as well. So, I was excited to whip up a vegan bruschetta recipe. Like every vegan recipe I’ve tried, this vegan bruschetta recipe was better than anything I could have ordered!
- 2 Tomatoes
- Garlic Powder
- 1 Whole Wheat Baguette
- 10 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Dice the tomatoes, and place them in a bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and garlic powder over the tomatoes, stir, and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavors to mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Take the tomatoes out of the refrigerator. Chop the fresh basil, and stir it in €” along with balsamic vinegar, oil, and pepper. Refrigerate once more.
- Brush each slice of the baguette with olive oil, and sprinkle garlic powder on top as well.
- Place the slices of the baguette on a cookie sheet, and bake until the slices are slightly brown.
- Remove the slices from the oven. Remove the tomato mixture from the refrigerator, stir, and top the bread with the tomato mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
For today’s recipe, I was so excited to use a tomato and basil from our garden! I hope you enjoy this delicious bruschetta! It’s perfect for an appetizer or snack!