You’ll never guess how easy it is to make vegan Jalapeño Poppers! This is a very simple (and very delicious) recipe made with just three ingredients that is fun to serve at a party, grill up at a barbecue, or make on game day. And shhh…if you don’t announce that these are vegan, your guests will never know!
- 12 green jalapeño peppers
- 1 package of vegan shredded cheese (we recommend Follow Your Heart’s Fiesta Blend)
- 1 tub of vegan cream cheese
- Optional: Breadcrumbs or crushed tortilla chips to sprinkle on top
- Slice each jalapeño pepper in half (lengthwise), and scrape out all of the seeds until each piece is clean and smooth inside. The seeds and ribs are the spiciest parts of a pepper, so this will make them more palatable.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet with the hollowed bellies facing up.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and shredded cheese together.
- Scoop the cheese mixture into each halved pepper and fill to the brim.
- Optional: Sprinkle bread crumbs or crushed tortilla chips on top.
- Grill until the cheese is melted and the jalapeños are lightly browned. Then serve and devour!
Note: Be careful not to touch your eyes after handling jalapeño seeds! The oils will remain on your hands for a while so be careful. You can use gloves while removing the seeds to prevent any problems.
Step It Up: To create a more complex flavor profile in your poppers, you can add finely chopped parsley, cilantro, green olives, cumin or a sprinkle of finely chopped Jalapeño to the cheese mixture.