Youll never guess how easy it is to make vegan JalapeÃ±o Poppers! This is a very simple (and very delicious) recipe made with just three ingredients that is fun to serve at a party, grill up at a barbecue, or make on game day. And shhh€¦if you dont announce that these are vegan, your guests will never know!
* 12 green jalapeÃ±o peppers
* 1 package of vegan shredded cheese (we recommend Follow Your Hearts Fiesta Blend)
* 1 tub of vegan cream cheese
* Optional: Breadcrumbs or crushed tortilla chips to sprinkle on top
* Slice each jalapeÃ±o pepper in half (lengthwise), and scrape out all of the seeds until each piece is clean and smooth inside. The seeds and ribs are the spiciest parts of a pepper, so this will make them more palatable.
* Lay them out on a baking sheet with the hollowed bellies facing up.
* In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and shredded cheese together.
* Scoop the cheese mixture into each halved pepper and fill to the brim.
* Optional: Sprinkle bread crumbs or crushed tortilla chips on top.
* Grill until the cheese is melted and the jalapeÃ±os are lightly browned. Then serve and devour!
Note: Be careful not to touch your eyes after handling jalapeÃ±o seeds! The oils will remain on your hands for a while so be careful. You can use gloves while removing the seeds to prevent any problems.