If you’ve spent anytime browsing Pinterest in the last month, you’ve probably run into mummy dogs€”the newest fad in Halloween eats. What may very well not have realized is merely how easy they’re to veganize! Here’s how.
- Original Pillsbury® Crescents (these are actually vegan!)
- Vegan hot dogs of your option (package of 8)
- Yellow mustard (for the eyes)
- Earth Balance butter or oil (to grease the baking sheet)
You will also desire a baking sheet, a blade, and a plastic bag for piping the eyes.
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Unroll the Pillsbury® crescent dough and slice every one of the dough into 1/4 inch strips (starting over the longest edge of every triangle).
- Take away the vegan hot dogs and begin wrapping them with the strips of the dough. You will need 2-4 strips for every single dog. Attach the conclusion of the strip to the backside of the hotdog, and wrap around haphazardly to produce the mummy look. Using one end, scoot the dough up or down to produce space for the eyes.
- Put on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake based on the crescent roll directions, approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add the mustard eyes! Scoop a bite of mustard to the corner of a tiny plastic bag and snip a really tiny hole in the corner. Make use of this to gently pipe eyes onto each of one’s mummy dogs.