Dried rice noodles (200g pack for a family of 4)
1 onion cut into inch/2cm long thin strips
2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 red pepper cut into same strips
1 yellow pepper cut in the same way
smoked tofu, cut into similar sized pieces
1 courgette/zucchini cut into strips
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Cook the rice noodles according to the instructions on the packet €“ often this is just pouring boiling water over them and leaving them for a while.
- Cook the onions and garlic in the sunflower oil for a few minutes and then add the chilli and stir in well.
- Add your vegetables and soy sauce and cook for a few moments until slightly softened and then add the tofu and stir fry for another 10 minutes or so before adding the rice noodles and combining well (you may want to cut them up if they are very long).
- At the last minute sprinkle the sesame oil over the dish and serve at once.
- This goes very well with a fresh salad of Chinese cabbage and herbs.
Makes 4 servings